Monday 31 March 2014

Big Day in Paris

As we wake up in the city of love, we think about not only the romance that will be brought out in us this next few days, but the amazing history left behind in the roaring city of Paris. At the crack of dawn we are all semi-awake and ready for the long day filled with a lot of things we learn about in Social Studies. The Louvre was the place most people were excited about seeing; it was unreal to be standing and learning about the most famous paintings and sculptures of mankind. My personal favourite was the painting of Napoleon's coronation, because it wrapped up just how greedy and space headed he really was. After the Louvre, we had free time in which my small group climbed all 400 steps to the top of Notre Dame cathedral. The view was amazing and made every second of my feet hurting worth it. I'm happy to say that my first full day in the wonderful city of Paris was absolutely breathtaking and I know that I'm for sure coming back. 

-Carmen Farmer





No comments:

Post a Comment